Information regarding protection and privacy of your data, reassuring you that it is safe to purchase at xs-unified.eu
All information collected by Sockbazaar.co.uk is stored and handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purposes of processing and delivering your order, and to occasionally send you information about our products and services.
This policy change is effective from 25th May 2018. Sockbazaar.co.uk may regularly review and update this policy to ensure we comply with all the necessary regulations. All changes and updates are reflected in the updating of this page. Should you wish to remain up to date with any changes, please check this page regularly.
Collection of personal data
In order to provide you with our services, we may collect the following information:
- Name, gender and date of birth
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- If you place an order, we will also collect your credit card or payment details
- History of your preferences
- A record of any correspondence you send us, including e-mail messages, as this helps us to track any problems or concerns you may have
- A record of your purchases with us so that we can quickly deal with any issues you may have about your order
- Other information you may provide to us.
If you access our website from a mobile or any other device, we may collect certain information from your device which includes your IP address, browser type, device type, general geographic location and any other technical details. We will also collect details of how you have used our website, links that were clicked and content that was of interest to you. We use this information for analytic purposes in order to improve your experience while using our website with more relevant content.
Use of personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your data is to fulfil a contractual obligation. In order to process orders, xs-unified.eu will require your name, address, delivery address (if different), credit or debit card number and expiry date. We also ask for a telephone number with which to contact you if there are any difficulties with your order. Your credit card details are taken through a secure server for processing by your card provider and our bank. We will pass your name and delivery address on to the carrier responsible for delivering your order.
We may also ask you for your consent to send you marketing information, updates and other content that we think you may be interested in.
In some cases, we may use your information for a legal obligation, or in our legitimate interest to complete credit checks before we can provide you with services and confirm you as a new customer. If you choose not to provide us with required data, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
We may also use the lawful basis of contract to send emails containing marketing offers, promotions and other relevant communications to customers that have previously purchased from xs-unified.eu, and consent to send updates to individuals that have signed up to receive xs-unified.eu email newsletter.
We also require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons
- Internal record keeping
- To set you up as a new customer
- To improve our products and services
- To enable us to tell you about any special offers, promotions or company news that we feel may be of interest to you (this is only where you have given express permission. You may unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence at any time by emailing email@example.com and stating that you no longer wish to receive emails from xs-unified. To ensure your website account reflects this information, please log in and tick the relevant box on your account page.)
- To enable us to contact you (and to ask for your permission to be included if we are planning any market research) so that we may establish what you like or don’t like about our products and services
- To plan our future product purchases so as to try and meet your requirements going forward
- To help us understand the shopping patterns of our customers so we can send you the most relevant information, to avoid wasting your time and our money
- When necessary, to share your information with credit reference or fraud detection agencies - at all times the information will be secure.
- To operate and develop our business.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long do we keep your data
We retain all information collected for only as long as is necessary for the aforementioned purposes, and in line with our retention schedule. For more details on our retention schedule, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you think we have incorrect information or you would like a copy of the information we hold about you
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Legislation, you may request details of any of your personal information which we hold through a subject access request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at the below address or email us at email@example.com.
In responding to your subject access request, we will firstly ask you to confirm your identity by providing copies of EITHER your passport OR your driving license. If we do hold information about you, we will provide you with a description of the data, tell you why we are processing your data, inform you who your data has been shared with, and provide you with a copy of your personal data in a legible form or a commonly used electronic form.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you would like us to erase or restrict the processing of your personal data, please write to us at the above address or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
If you wish to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office on how we process and collect your data, you can do so by contacting their Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want to opt in to receiving communication from xs-unified, including newsletters and promotional emails
- If you no longer wish to receive any marketing emails from us, you can stop this by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We store your information on a secure data system, which is not accessed by anyone other than xs-unified.com. All staff use login and password controls on our systems.
Where we store your data
Your account data will be collected, stored and processed primarily in the UK. Where we transfer data outside the UK we will ensure we take all reasonable administrative and technical precautions to protect that data including technical, contractual and operational measures such as DPA/SCCs/ TRIAs as appropriate.
We use a number of third parties to operate our service, where these companies are used to process your data we will ensure we have taken appropriate steps to protect your data including DPAs, Risk Assessments and technical measures.
Links to other websites
Sharing your data
We will not routinely sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so or where the company assets are acquired by a third party or otherwise transferred to a third party.
When necessary, we may share your name, address and telephone number with a credit reference or fraud detection agency.
We may share your data with other companies in order to provide our services to you and to operate our business, for example.
- Hosting company
- IT suppliers
- Our accountants
- Lawyers and other advisors
- GDPR consultants
- Partners, suppliers, other third parties
- Logistics companies
- HMRC and other authorities
- Other companies and organisations are required to run our business.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you cannot shop with us and may not be able to use certain features within our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, before removing the data from the system.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies - temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site
- Persistent cookies - remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Credit Card Security
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software – the industry standard technology for securing credit card data - which encrypts information transmitted from our website. Each credit card transaction is authorised and charged separately, so you will be required to input the entire number for all transactions. We are confident that no unauthorised person or organisation will be able to access the credit card information we record.
Offer code terms
Use of discount codes is subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Promotional/discount codes may be subject to an expiry date
- Codes are only valid when redeemed directly at www.xs-unified.eu
- One promotional/discount code cannot be used in conjunction with another
- Discount does not include/apply to delivery charges
How to contact us